Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want it to be perfect in every way. Music is essential to the day, and you want to hire the right DJ. In this blog, we will discuss the dos and don’ts of wedding DJing to help you make the right choice.
- Contact the DJ before booking – It is crucial to speak with your wedding DJ beforehand to discuss your music preferences, wedding timeline, and any specific requests you may have.
- Customise your playlist – Your DJ should be willing to take your input and create a customised playlist for your wedding reception that matches your taste in music.
- Keep the energy flowing – Your DJ should know how to read the room and keep the energy level up throughout the night. A good wedding DJ will also know how to transition between songs seamlessly.
- Be professional – Your DJ should be professional and arrive on time, dress appropriately, and be prepared to set up and pack up their equipment without disrupting your event.
- Provide high-quality equipment – A good wedding DJ should have high-quality sound and lighting equipment to ensure your guests can hear and see everything clearly.
- Play music too loud – Your DJ should be aware of the volume of the music and ensure that it is not too loud, which can be uncomfortable for guests and cause damage to their hearing.
- Play inappropriate songs – Your DJ should be aware of the audience and avoid playing songs with inappropriate language or content.
- Leave the dance floor empty – A good wedding DJ should be able to keep the dance floor full by playing a variety of music genres that cater to all age groups and musical tastes.
- Make themselves the centre of attention – Your DJ should not try to be the centre of attention but should focus on keeping the music and energy flowing throughout the reception.
- Forget to take requests – Your DJ should be open to taking requests from guests and be able to incorporate them into the playlist without disrupting the flow of the reception.
Choosing the right wedding DJ is essential to ensure your special day is perfect. Refer to the above do’s and don’ts when selecting your wedding entertainment. DJMaj-ik is an experienced and professional wedding DJ who understands the importance of providing high-quality music for your special day. A true professional who knows how to keep the energy flowing throughout the reception creates the perfect atmosphere for your dream wedding.
Visit www.djmaj-ik.com to learn more about DJMaj-ik’s services, read his stellar reviews, and book him for your dream wedding today.